Tuesday 21 June 2011

Will Carling to RMAC

This L2P thing has opened my eyes to many new experiences with the newest being twitter which I signed onto last week. Searching L2P I saw many comments from the celebs riding including Will Carling stating he was just about to take part in his last practice run. Now, I was never a huge WC fan. Being a sucessful England rugby captain when Ireland were woeful does not endear yourself to any discerning Irish rugby fan. However I took the plunge and tweeted him and nothing too dergatory either! Lo and behold he replied signing off with "See you next Thursday". With 3 rugby ex internationals, including our very own Andrew, maybe we could organise a game of touch at the end of each day's riding as a warm down? Hold that thought!

I also took a more laid back approach to training this weekend with only a trip to the gym to see if I could find the arms I used to have!(although that could be a blessing given the kit size) However 3 nights watching Wee Rory into the small hours is not ideal prep.

I have been experiencing many emotions for the last week as Dday approaches; nerves and excitement are battling each other and I have to say it's an even fight at the moment. Nervous through fear of failure, which is normal for me and, in all honesty, I am comfortable with as it drives me forward to ensure I bloody don't! Excited as this is the biggest sporting event I have taken part in for many years and it could possibly be the best!

Allez les Dolphins

No comments:

Post a Comment