Sunday 12 June 2011

L2P training - Spring Ride - It was wet!

This morning I joined Geoff and a good number of the L2P cyclists for the last of the Spring training rides. Geoff wanted to ride with Group 4 as he had a heavy week but encouraged me to have a go with Group 3.

In the end Group 2 and 3 rode together for the first 40km. As the weather was so miserable it was decided to stay away from the hills and concentrate on some interval training on the flat. For the most part I felt comfortable in Group 2/3 riding at about 30km/h in the group and up to 35-40km/h for the 3-min harder interval sessions.

After 40km I decided to stick with the Group 3 riders. We did a nice circuit of the very smooth Dorney lake complex (Eton College) and then made our way back at a steady 28-30km/h. For the last 25-30 mins we were encouraged to spin our legs at a relatively easy pace.

The ride was cut short and we were the first group back - all rather wet but just happy to get out on the bike.

You will find a link to my stats below (Garmin Connect) - I stayed around mid-pack for the majority of the ride.

Untitled by dbpegler at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment