Sunday 12 June 2011

Good Weeks Training

I ended up with 2 punctures and very wet feet this weekend, but had an enjoyable couple of days riding nonetheless. I used Saturday to get some bigger miles in my legs over what i thought was a fairly flat course - kudos to David for finding the flatest cycling route in the UK - and completed a 70-odd-mile round trip from my parent's house in Beverley to York. Given the weather and said puncture I thought it was a fairly decent pace and it will hopefully allow me to keep up with the peleton.

As I'm sure is the case with most of the country, the weather was miserable again today, but I managed to get a quick 20 miles in before the heavens well and truly opened. All in all I've had quite a good week, getting a solid 9 hours riding in, which is the most I've done for quite a while. I hope everyone else has had a good weekend and safe riding to all in the final full week of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment