Tuesday 14 June 2011

What should I be doing with 8 days to go?

Respect to those who ventured out in the rain over the weekend!
I managed a quick 25m with some friends on Saturday morning and was planning on doing my last long run on Sunday. However, torrential rain kept me indoors where I had a very lazy day that included watching the excellent Montreal Grand Prix.
Four evening work commitments this week means that I will only ride to work on one day and I am now starting to wonder whether I have done enough. Silly really as I know that I probably have but when my plans and routine are disrupted some self-doubt starts to creep in. Furthermore, my road bike is being serviced in a few days time ahead of L2P so I probably won't get out again this weekend.
When I have run marathons in the past I have tended not to do anything for a week or two before the event - nothing worse than injuring yourself and not being able to participate in the event you have trained so hard for.
Can any of the more experienced colleagues confirm that I am right to be adopting a similar 'lazy' approach ahead of L2P? If not any advice on what I should be doing would be appreciated.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment