Monday 27 June 2011

Post-event round up – what a buzz!




Back in the office after an amazing 3 days of cycling and very fond memories of a fantastic event.

The last day was broken down between a tough 125km group ride in the morning and an easier paced but spectacular 40km ride into the centre of Paris as one large convoy of cyclists, which I understood was 1.5 to 2km in length.

The highlights of L2P2011 for me were as follows:

- Leading one of the groups (100 riders) for the last 6km before a lunch stop with one of the ride captains congratulating me on a great pace (approx. 36km per hour)

- Riding up one of the steeper climbs with Stephen Roche

- Cycling into Paris with Geoff and the entire team was one of those days that I don’t think I will ever forget – what a buzz!

Now that it is all over I certainly do miss all the guys and the stories we shared over the last few months both in training and the event itself. I am sure it will not be long before we are together again for the next challenge!

Meanwhile, I couldn’t resist it – back on my bike this morning with an easy spin into work.

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of everyone at Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, I would like to congratulate you all on completing such a tough challenge. It was a real privilege and honour to meet and support you all throughout the London-Paris experience and we can't thank you enough for your efforts with the training, the ride and the fundraising. Don't forget to show your medal off, let everyone how far you have cycled in three days (including up quite a few tough hills) and remind them of your Justgiving page!

    I hope you all had a well deserved, fantastic night on Saturday celebrating in Paris and you have a restful week to recover.

    Thank you so much, Sarah

    ReplyDelete