Monday 6 June 2011

No cycling this weekend - Boo!

Unfortunately my chain snapped on Friday during my commute in to work (luckily only 2 minutes from the office) and I am awaiting a suitable Campagnolo chainlink - not that easy to get unless you order on-line. So with no cycling over the weekend I concentrated on some swimming and running.

Saturday was an 3.8km Ironman swim down the River Arun, which I completed in 1 hour and 8 mins (fortunately swimming with the tide - very fast flowing river). Please excuse my picture which is not that complimentary but just to prove I look even worse in rubber than I do in lycra!

Sunday was a nice and easy, albeit hilly, 17km run over the Downs.

If all goes to plan I should be back on my bike and ready for the last of the L2P sportive rides on Sunday 12th.

Just also to mention that I saw Geoff last Thursday evening when he kindly attended a 'Links of London' shopping and networking event we organised down in Brighton. We also used the opportunity to raise a few hundred pounds for the GTF Charity.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your chain Dave. I hope you get the part soon and can get it fixed ready for the weekend. Swimming and running is great training as well though so well done!

    It's great to hear about the evening you held last Thursday. I hope it went well and it was enjoyed by all. Using it to raise money was a brilliant idea and we thank everyone who attended for their generosity in helping to raise so much. Thank you to all those involved in organising it too.

    ReplyDelete