Friday 8 April 2011

Rider biog: Stuart Sangan

I'm riding as part of the Brewin Dolphin team to support a very close friend of mine that was diagnosed with Leukaemia shortly before Christmas.  

Although I consider myself reasonably fit for someone approaching 55, this was an opportunity to push myself and get back into my suits more comfortably!  Whilst I cycle to work throughout the year (yes Jersey does have bad weather) this only amounts to a round trip of about 10 miles per day.  I do go to spinning classes 3/4 times a week but other than that my sporting activities are limited due to a failing right knee.  

My main aim is to finish, enjoy the event and not to hold up the rest of the team.   Those that know me will be aware that I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so not giving my all is not an option! The Jersey office are very supportive but have insisted that I update my cycling attire!    

Photo: Stuart, left, and his friend David

No comments:

Post a Comment