Monday 11 April 2011

Race Report - Brighton Marathon 2011


It was a great day for the Brighton Marathon yesterday. Despite the warm conditions (the temperature reached 23 degrees celsius) and my general lack of training (last long run was the Brighton half-marathon in February) I managed a personal best of 3:45. The support was fantastic from family and friends. In all 100,000 people lined the streets of Brighton in support. I was just outside the first 1,000 runners but believe the total number starting the race was over 10,000. Places for 2012 are available from today if anyone is interested for next year - I would thoroughly recommend it - I enjoyed it much more than London.

Anyway, now that is out of the way, I can now focus on the main event - London 2 Paris. I am looking forward to increasing the mileage on the bike. Still hoping to upgrade my old aluminium frame to something a little sexier - hopefully carbon!

Have a great day - I will be avoiding the stairs!

2 comments:

  1. I can only dream of doing a marathon. Well done and a respectable time to boot.

    ReplyDelete