Monday 18 April 2011

Sunday Sportive

Like Bradley, yesterday was my first sportive of the season – an Evans Cycles organised event in Leeds. I went for the medium route, which was a 100km foray into the Yorkshire Dales. The weather couldn’t have been any better for cycling – low winds, sun and no rain – and I’ve started to develop my ‘cyclists tan’ (the one that looks ridiculous outside of anything other than cycling clothes). I must say the course was excellent and we managed not to suffer from any rogue signage on the route, something I’ve been warned about in the past but am yet to experience.

I did manage to suffer from a slight over exuberance over the first 20 miles or so and did start to suffer a bit on the last couple of climbs – I think there is probably a lesson in there somewhere – but overall I’m reasonably happy with how the ride went. I’ve signed up to my next sportive in a couple of weeks which starts slightly further away from home in Pocklington (again I’ve wimped out and gone for the 100km route rather than the longer ride). I hope we all get some fine weather this coming bank holiday weekend and all those heading out the best - hope you have more luck this time Bradley!

No comments:

Post a Comment