Sunday 24 April 2011

Blimey. I had set this weekend out for hard training and so it is. On Friday I decided an undulating 65miler around the County Down coast would do. Thank god for creating beautiful countryside. After about 3 hrs I started to get seriously bored; there's only so much talking to ones self or for that matter the cows over the hedge that can be done before you begin to question your own sanity. But I was saved in two ways. Firstly the 5 miles of road between Castle Ward and Downpatrick - stunning and pretty much all down hill with a tail wind. Thank you very much! Then on the final stretch home a passing tractor did the trick. I managed to get into his slip stream and sailed all but the last mile home in the big ring, fast but worth it!

Today was a different affair altogether. The dreaded Northern Irish weather is doing its best to taunt me. Stiff SW and pretty much all cloud, so on go the leggings and thermal jersey again. Not to be preturbed, a stiff 2hours of hard hill/strength type training ensued, and boy can I feel it. Still concerned that this little jaunt of ours is going to prove more challenging than I expect but in the meantime its the Easter roast that I better worry about. Allez Allez

No comments:

Post a Comment