Sunday 1 May 2011

'Ups and Downs' Sportive with the new carbon 'Stallion'


I took part in a very hilly Sportive organised by www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk earlier today, which started at Dorking and took in a lot of the beautiful Surrey Hills. The plan was to complete the Epic 100 miles ride but my navigation skills were a little poor and I missed one of the longer loops - anyway I was still pleased with 83 miles in just over 5 hours, especially given that some hills were killers - the last one most of the competitors were walking.

I am pleased to say that my new carbon stallion (pictured) was amazing - when it came to climbing it was more billy goat than stallion - no walking up hills for me! To be honest I was mad to even ride it as I finished the build at 9pm the night before and its first outing should have been a little less taxing and nearer home just in case of mechanic issues - anyway, despite some early tinkering with the pedals it was all good and I am really pleased with the way it performed. Now all that is needed is to work on the engine!

Please find my ride stats by clicking on the link below - no HRM data this time - I thought it too uncomfortable to wear a HRM belt for 5 hour plus.

Untitled by dbpegler at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment