Friday 27 May 2011

I am at home today due to an impending exam next week, so I do apologise if everyone has already been emailed the route/profiles for the ride. Anyway, please see link.......

http://www.londres-paris.com/site/html/the_tour/2011_routeoverview.php

Although I wasn't expecting a walk in the park, that does look like a more than "interesting" set of routes they've planned - I'm particularly intimidated by the official clmb at the 150km point on the first day (I give you all expressed consent to give me a push if I look tired at this point!).

I'm following Sven Thiele (spelling?) on my twitter acount and his last update was, "not as flat as we think - 1800m/day". That's over 5,000 feet per day - better get back on the bike, bad leg or no bad leg! Incidentally, thanks to those that have given me tips and/or shown concern over the injury - seems as though the team spirit has come early. As a general update, I've rested it for a week and a half now and it seems to be nicely on the mend, so here's hoping.

3 comments:

  1. At least it looks like we finish the first day at Dover unlike last year where there was a further 15m in France after the ferry! The climb in day 3 looks nasty. Glad to hear the leg is on the mend. Make sure you stretch before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part of day 2 doesn't look inviting either. Having said that, if the weather is nice (no wind please!), who cares - we'll bang the miles out in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope that the SIS team are in place with energy gels before each climb - however, looking forward to the fast descents. Look after that leg and agree with Stuart, stretching is key, but also check your cleat position to ease any pulling.

    ReplyDelete