Tuesday 26 March 2013

This morning's commute - hill work

I do make an effort to use my commuting time to train rather than simply get from A to B. This morning was no different and I needed a purpose before setting out. My plan was to take a longer route to work over the South Downs and quite a hilly route in order to help strengthen the legs. To make it harder I decided to complete the ride on my 'singlespeed stallion' (only the one gear).

It was pretty tough going especially on the climb to the top of Devils Dyke outside Brighton (pictured). Total distance approx. 32km - not a bad start to the morning.

The plan is to take a slightly easier and less hilly route home for the return journey (28km). Then on Thursday, the same again but possibly focussing on interval rather than hill work.

It would be great to hear who else is training out there in BD land?


The hills ahead - I have got to get up those on my singlespeed



Made it to the top - Hard work!

The 'singlespeed stallion' - office garage


No comments:

Post a Comment