Wednesday 11 April 2012

My training so far

Hi Everyone

All of a sudden it's April so I thought it was about time that I made a post to share my training experience so far. First of all I'd like to say I'm a newbie cyclist and hadn't owned a road bike until signing up to L2P - so I've pretty much been learning / making things up as I go along.

Since signing up I've been making spin classes a regular part of my week (6:45am on Mondays and Fridays) - if anyone hasn't tried them I would definitely recommend it for when you can't get out on the bike for real. I've also been doing a long ride (weather permitting) every weekend through the winter. One of my best purchases so far have definitely been my bib tights - I don't think I'd have made through the winter without them. They have, however, been renamed as my 'mankini' by my friends. I’d definitely like to upgrade my wheels next so any tips / suggestions would be much appreciated.

More recently I've been going out for Sunday rides with my local triathlon club and completed my first ever triathlon a few weeks ago. Despite a bit of a mishap in the transition area (it took me a while to find my bike!) I absolutely loved it and am definitely hoping to build a few more into training for L2P.  

It was fantastic to meet Geoff and all the team in London back in November. It really helped me to understand the great work Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research are doing and provided great motivation for training over the winter. Everyone who completed L2P last year spoke so highly of the organisation from HotChillee as well. It was a great surprise to receive a training jersey in the post from them recently. It’s also the right size so I’m hoping that’s a good sign for when the LLR kit arrives!

Happy training to you all.

Rob Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment